Sunbelt will leave you hanging! I will never do business with them and suggest you do not either!!

I started talking to Sunbelt rentals several months before we needed a piece of equipment. We needed a special 8" ride on trencher that they and only a few others have here in Northern Nevada have. I had seen Sunbelts commercials and billboards around town and thought they seemed like a solid reputable company. I was totally wrong. The gentleman I spoke with (Carl) told me several times just give us a few days heads up and we will make sure we have the equipment ready for you to pick-up. He told me even if we have to have it transferred from another location just give us enough heads up time and we will have it here. As time went on, I called 2 weeks before I was ready to pick it up and again they said we will have it ready for you on the date you need it. The Friday before the Monday I was scheduled to pick it up, I called just to confirm it was ready to go and I was told "sorry another customer decided to keep it on rent for a few months" I said well surely you can transfer the equipment in from another location as you previously mentioned... I was then told "yes, we are working on that". I said when will it be here and Carl said Monday. Carl said "we will have it here Monday with 99% certainty." Well Monday came and went and still nothing. I kept calling and was pushed to the side each time. I explained to Carl how important it was for us to have the trencher we had reserved and that without it we were going to end up paying 8K + more in concrete footings costs. He didn't really seem to care. A few more days went by and now I had my back to the wall. Each time I called Carl, he would inform me "we are working on getting another here for you" and that was it. I asked him if he could call the customer who had it out now and see if we could rent it for just a few days and then return it. Carl told me he didn't want to upset that customer but would try and make no promises and let me know. Another day went by and I never heard back from him so I am guessing he never really did check with that customer.

Long story short Sunbelt rentals totally screwed me. We ended up having to rent another piece of equipment from another rental store here in Reno that was close to what we needed but not exact. Counting on Sunbelt in the end cost me 3k more in concrete. Do yourself a favor and never work with these people. They will continue to tell you they are working on it but unless something shows up in their yard you will be left out to dry. I am guessing Sunbelt rentals trains their sales people to inform potential customers they are working on getting the equipment in only to keep you on the hook in the hopes something will be naturally returned from a customer they are unaware of. Don't fall victim to their deceptive practices and go with someone who's word actually means something. Sunbelt is very unreliable.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sunbelt Rentals. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sunbelt Rentals.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Sunbelt Rentals to other companies on our site.

Comments